Latest Daytime Talk Show 'The Talk' Premieres On CBS

Monday, October 18, 2010


Sara Gilbert turned to a mommy group for support. Gilbert turned her mommy group into the daytime talk show, "The Talk" today, a brand new live talk show focusing on issues and events through the eyes of six mothers: "Early Show" co-anchor Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur.

For the first time, Gilbert (“Roseanne,” “The Big Bang Theory”) will be talking about her own life. Awkwardly, perhaps. “I’ve never really discussed my personal life,” said the longtime TV actress, who is openly gay. “This is a talk show. So, obviously, I’m going to be discussing my life more. … This is a whole new world for me.”


Gilbert isn’t the first lesbian to host a daytime talk show. She’s following in the footsteps of Rosie O’Donnell and Ellen DeGeneres. And “The Talk” won’t be about being gay. After all, Gilbert is the only one of the six who is. And she said she’s not really thinking of the show as being a outlet to be out

“I don’t ever really think of things as out or in. I just think I am who I am,” she said. “And when topics come up that are appropriate, I’ll talk about them and share when it seems right.” The intent of “The Talk” is to give us a group of mothers with children ranging from infants to adults. To get their take on parenthood and the world in general.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Celebrity News